This package includes 5 lessons, 30 minutes in duration, positive reinforcement classes to get your puppy started off on the right paw! Ages 8 weeks to 5 months! We cover topics relating to health, nutrition, vaccines, first aid, and of course all the basic commands a puppy needs to thrive! When your puppy graduates class, they leave eligible for their S.T.A.R. certificate from AKC. This program is $300.00
Obedience courses for dogs over 5 months old:
*Each one of the following packages includes our Off-Leash K9 Training E-Collar plus a 15-foot training leash.*
This includes the Off-Leash K9 Training E-Collar, a 15-foot leash, and includes all FOUR lessons for $600.00. By the end of this package, your dog will be able to be outside, off-leash, with distractions listening on command. Be prepared to spend 30-45 minutes a day reinforcing the lessons with your pet.
Basic Obedience Commands:
- “Come,” “Sit,” and “Extended Sit.”
- “Down” and “Extended Down.”
- “Place” and “Extended Place.” (Your dog will sit on a location that you choose, like his bed, a park bench, a rock, a mat, etc.)
- “Break” Your dog is expected to maintain the command given until you give this release command.
- “Heel” They will walk right beside of you, either consistently on your left or right side, either on or OFF the leash. AND Bonus: Will not pull you down the street on his leash!
- “Off” Command is used to keep your dog from jumping on you, other people or other dogs. In addition, we use this command for breaking dogs from counter surfing or trying to climb out of their kennel or crate.
Extended sit, down, and place means your dog will REMAIN in the down, sit, or place position until YOU tell them to “break” (release them).
Your dog must finish our Basic Obedience Package before we will teach them any advanced lessons! The Advanced Lesson package includes Extended Distance Obedience. Your dog will be sitting/downing on command from 50+ yards away from you.
This package is $400.00 and includes 4 of the following lessons:
- “Heel” command: They come running, go around you and sit down right beside your left or right leg
- “Watch” command: Stare at you until you release them. This is a good command to use if your dog is easily distracted by other dogs, balls, people, and is either aggressive or timid.
- “Through” command: Your dog will go in between your legs and sit down.
- “Stand” command: They will assume a standing position on command.
- “Front” Command: Your dog will come running and sit directly in front of you no matter where they are.
- “Stop” Command: The dog will stop immediately and drop into a down/sit on command as they are in motion.
- “Focused” Heeler: Your dog will stare at you the entire time they are walking beside of you.
- “Touch” Command: Your dog will run up and jump up and touch anything you point to……
- “Directional” Sends: You can point your finger and your dog will go “place” on anything you point to, without you having to walk over to the object
This package is for those who really want their dog to be fantastic and impressive to all! This includes 8 lessons for $900.00. You save $100.00 by paying for the Basic Obedience Package and 4 Advanced lessons up-front!
We keep your dog for 2 weeks. You bring your pup to us and we do ALL the work with your dog. Your dog will learn all the Basic and two Advanced Commands, and be able to be totally Off Leash, even with distractions! Your dog will know all the commands and you won’t need to go through the stress of teaching all the commands.
During your dog’s stay, they will live with one of our certified trainers as if they were one of their own – going everywhere and being a member of the pack! During the day, your dog will go where our trainer goes, and you will get a photo and video updates during the entire 2-week session (so you know what they are learning and doing).At the very end, we spend 2-3 hours with you showing you how to maintain that training at home, but the best part of this package is that comes with a lifetime guarantee!! At that time of pick up, we train YOU on how to work the E-Collar.
So, should you ever need help or support, all you have to do is give us a call and come see us free of charge for the rest of your dog’s life. This program is $2800.00
Our aggressive/reactive dog package (8 lessons) aids in the stabilization and management of aggressive dogs for re-entry into the family unit, and increased control at home and in public. This package includes 7 lessons then at the final 8th lesson being an optional in-home or community based lesson. We focus on the overall obedience of the dog in the first 4 lessons of this package and then address the behavior in the final 4 lessons. This program is $950.00
These packages are the same as above, except WE come to YOU!
Basic Obedience: $800.00 (4 lessons, electronic collar, and leash)
Basic and Advanced Obedience: $1100.00 (8 lessons, electronic collar, and leash) *Pricing includes travel within 15 miles of Wilmington, NC.
Is your goal to have your dog learn new skills? Use his natural abilities? This specially designed 8-lesson course prepares you and your dog for scent tracking. This includes the 15ft training leash. This program is $900.00
Nosework (Scent Detection) Training Packages:
*Some dogs may rapidly excel at nose work and do even more advanced searches in the sessions and some dogs may need more sessions to complete the curriculum. Nose Work is all positive and training is conducted at your dog’s learning pace for optimum results and to ensure the dog is conducting thorough and accurate searches.
We are certified CGC evaluators!
This is a certification program that is designed to reward dogs who have good manners at home and in the community. The Canine Good Citizen Program is a two-part program that stresses responsible pet ownership for owners and basic good manners for dogs. All dogs who pass the 10-step CGC test may receive a very nice
certificate from the American Kennel Club.
You and your dog will practice the CGC exercises:
- Accepting a friendly stranger
- Sitting politely for petting
- Appearance & grooming
- Out for a walk (loose leash walking)
- Walking through a crowd
- Sit and down on command and Staying in place
- Coming when called
- Reaction to another dog
- Reaction to distraction and Supervised separation.
This class is perfect for continuing your dog’s education. You and your dog will work toward creating a better relationship while your dog learns to listen to you consistently. As you work with your dog to teach the CGC skills, you’ll discover the many benefits and joys of training your dog. Training will enhance the bond between you and your dog. Whether your dog is
ready to for the certification, or you want us to help get your dog ready for the certification, contact us!
This specially designed 8-lesson course prepares you and your dog for their therapy dog testing and certification. We have had many of our former clients easily pass their therapy dog certification after our training program. Jan’s dog is a certified therapy dog and she has been doing Therapy interactions since 2008. Jan’s experience with a therapy dog is extensive.
Is your goal to have your dog become a therapy dog? This specially designed 8-lesson course prepares you and your dog for their therapy dog testing and certification. This includes the e-collar and a 15ft training leash. This program is $900.00